How to Find a Good Agent
Having the right agent can make a big difference for policyholders by helping prevent problems in the future. They assist you with determining necessary coverage and they know how to file claims efficiently after a loss, when you need your insurance most.
When looking for an agent a good place to start is by asking who your colleagues and friends are using as their agent. Ask them questions to see how well their agent works with them. Not all agents are for everyone, but once you have a list of agents to choose from, ask them for references. Then narrow your search down by reviewing the references. Finally, interview the potential agent to see if they will meet all of your needs as a policyholder. Will they review coverage annually to make sure that you are always getting the best rates with your insurance?
Before you choose your agent, you will want to ask them some questions to determine if they are right for you:
- What type of insurance do you sell?
- How long have you been an agent?
- What are your designations?
- Who will handle my account?
- How much coverage do I need?
- How can I lower my premium?
- How often will you review my coverage?
- What is your role if I must file a claim?